Before you book...
Please read carefully:
The guesthouse promotes the concept of people being excellent to each other. Good vibes and positivism are always very welcome. We want guests to have fun meeting other travellers rather than being stuck in their rooms. The hostel vibe but with hotel comfort.
We take pride in offering guests a simple place of unpretentious beauty at some of the cheapest rates on Waiheke. The guesthouse is social but peaceful. Guests who want to party hard, are asked do so elsewhere. Our main priority is to help guests experience the 'real Waiheke'. Our room features vary so read the descriptions carefully and choose the right room for you. Even though we go to lengths to make our rooms amazing, there is much more on offer in the shared spaces.
All guests have access to; guest kitchen, guest lounge areas, huge deck, outdoor breakfast bar, huge lawn with lots of seating, hammock/outdoor beanbags, spa pool, free parking, free breakfast, lawn games, board games, free snorkel gear, free fibre optic wifi, free chicken eggs (when they're laying) and free alpaca feeding. We try to prioritise the things that we value ourselves - such as kindness. Tell us what interests you. If we happen to be going out, we usually ask guests if they need a lift in our direction.
NEW! We now offer luxury van tours of the island. Plan your tour with Nat. Tripadvisor reviews of our daily tours have been excellent. Leave right from the guesthouse via www.waitikitours.com Book now to receive your free ferry transfers!
We understand that some folks are looking for 6 star luxury. That experience is available at a very different price. Customers who value luxury over eco-principles may be better suited to our competitors. Guests looking for an authentic Waiheke experience in a place that is truly 'of Waiheke', need look no further. People who care more about minimising their carbon footprint than having fresh towels for every shower will find this guesthouse the best value on Waiheke.
Please note: Waiheke is mostly hills. We have both internal and external steps, so a normal level of mobility and care is needed to access your room. Our parking is free but some drivers prefer roadside parking. If in doubt - talk to us first. Parking requires drivers to be confident with their cars. Roadside parking is available for all other drivers.
Activities and free stuff:
- Feed the alpacas!...and the dog that thinks she is one...
- Breakfast - healthy and home made
- Join us for a free yoga class each morning
- Spa pool
- 20-30 minute consultation about the island and how best to explore it
- Swing on the hammock for an hour or ten
- Walk to nearby wineries: Obsidian, Casita Miro, Te Motu, Stonyridge, Wild on Waiheke
- Explore our grounds with numerous outdoor settings
- Access the ponga forest which is home to kiwi, kereru, morepork, kingfishers, tui, fantails and more...
- Guests are invited to harvest from our fruit and vege patches
- Think you have a happy relationship? Try our board games and let's see
- Beach gear including; towels, beach games
- Apple TV, Netflix, newspapers and dvds in some rooms
- Experience our Qi machine - it's like 2 hours of meditation squeezed into 5 minutes
- An excellent library and plenty of quiet nooks to read from
- Enjoy the swings and mini football pitch/goal
- Tease the Aussie girl about the latest Wallabies disaster
- Self cater in the guest kitchen...try our chickens eggs...
- Listen to the native birds all day and star gaze all evening - both are spectacular!
- Enjoy the bush views from our large, sunny deck
- Stroll down to the wetlands bush-walk and dog park at the bottom of the street
- Walk to Palm or Onetangi Beach for a swim and climb up to the lookout(s)
- Walk to the Saturday morning markets or go to Charie Farleys for their live music Thursday
- Chat with your hosts - we love hearing travel stories
It makes us happy to see people enjoy the island. Enquire about any additional service you might need and we'll let you know what it costs or refer you to someone who can help. We specialise in helping to make anniversaries even more special. Surprise your partner with one of our Anniversary Packages - available by prior arrangement.